Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Turkey burgers all week long

This week John is away for a business trip and I still have 2 more weeks to go of the intro crossfit class which means late dinners again this week. I however was proactive this week and made turkey burgers and sweet potato fries to eat for dinner on those days.

John hates turkey burgers and I have been craving them for a while now so I thought this would be the perfect week to make them, and I have them all to myself!

I used this simple recipe:

  • 1lb of organic ground turkey
  • 1 medium zucchini shredded
  • 1/2 t basil
  • 1/2 t oregano
  • 1/2 t garlic powder
  • sea salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
Mix all ingredients together in a bowl, then form into 4 patties and grill on a grill pan 2 mins a side. Then finish them off in an oven at 350 until cooked through. Or you could just do them on the grill but we don't have that option. :( 

These turned out amazing! The zucchini kept them really moist inside and they had great flavor, sort of an Italiany taste to them. 


So far this week I have had them for 2 dinners and 2 lunches!



Without the buns, shame I know I am trying to cut back on my cheese and carbohydrate (this is really hard, but I am trying to make a conscious effort) intake and increase my protein since I am doing a lot more weight lifting.

John is away next week and I am thinking about making a different version of these using olives instead of zucchini! Mmmm



1 comments:

Dave said...

I love your posts, Michelle. Valerie

Post a Comment