Monday, August 13, 2012

NYC

This past weekend John and I visited NYC we had tickets to see The Book of Mormon and stayed with John's friend Brad. The weekend was filled with a ton of food, fun and friends!

Friday 
We arrived late (according to my terms but not NYC terms) and we didn't get a chance to eat so we headed out to a restaurant in Brad's neighborhood. We started with some appetizers to share



And then each ordered a meal

beet pasta for me

Lamb for John

Steak for Brad
After dinner we went to another small bar for some drinks, Where I might have had 1 to many....

Saturday
We were late risers (due to the comment above) so we showered dressed and headed to Time Square to see the play. Unfortunately, we were not able to take photos of the play since it was copy-written but I did get some of the venue. The play was amazing! I laughed so hard I was crying most of the it I highly recommend going to see it.

While we were laughing our ass off watching the play apparently there was a crazy man was running around with a knife in Time Square, the cops had to take him down. Let's just say it did not end well for him. :( Glad I was safe inside!





After the play we met back up with Brad for dinner at a Japanese barbque place. I have never been to one before but holy amazingness.










I was even brave and tried beef tongue!
Out of all organ meat I have to say tongue is one I am willing to man up and try simply for the fact that it doesn't do anything gross like carry waste or clean your blood of toxins (i.e. liver and intestines). Although from a cow they do regurgitate their food back in their mouths to continue chewing it...
Ok moving on

Sunday 
Saturday during dinner Brad came up with the idea of sampling different foods in his neighborhood. It was like a food scavenger hunt!!! Why don't we do these more often!?!?!
(Oh wait I forgot about the 10lbs I gained doing this and the food baby I carried around all day)

Here is a sampling of what we scavenged.






True New York style pizza, the best pork dumplings ever, sesame duck pancake (another brave moment considering I am not sure what part of the duck this meat came from), and finally a Ruben.

Everything was delicious but my favorite was the Ruben, I mean you can't beat a sandwich with pickles!
I spent the whole bus ride home in a food coma and I didn't even start to get  hungry until 9pm!



0 comments:

Post a Comment