Friday, August 10, 2012

I Can't walk

Between crossfit and going to the chiropractor I had my butt beat this week. Let's just say that stairs and I are no longer friends and I have become very close with the handicap bathrooms and that nice little bar they put beside the toilet. I know they installed it there for people like me who abuse their bodies with squats, push ups, and pull ups and can no longer use the muscles in their legs to sit on normal toilets.

On to food this week it hasn't been pretty folks, I am ashamed to even be putting these food items on here. I haven't been getting home until 8pm on crossfit nights and I am not home before hand to prepare anything so that doesn't leave much time for cooking food.

So this week I went back to meals before I learned how to cook and ate these twice for dinner.


I had bought these at whole foods and thought they sounded ok for pre-made chicken patties. I was wrong they are not so good, my original plan was to make sweet potato fries with them and douse them in ketchup. But when I went to cut up the potato it looked gross inside.


It started to grow white things and other nasty things I won't mention. So I went with plan B and made a 1/2 cup whole wheat pasta with sauce.


Edible but I will definitely not buy these again (the chicken burgers that is not the pasta). I heart pasta. I think I will make my own turkey burgers and freeze them for quick meals.

Last night the only thing we had to eat for dinner was condiments, so John and I hit up Not Your Average Joe's and I ordered the peach keen chicken.



Here it is half eaten but holy cow was this good! It was grilled chicken topped with peach and avocado salsa all on top of sweet potato steak fries. I really really need to recreate this at home, I thought I died and gone to  heaven.

This weekend we have plans to travel to NYC via the Fung wah bus (which is way scary) we are staying with John's friend Brad and have tickets on Saturday to see The Book of Mormon.

See you from NYC!




1 comments:

Leah said...

You make me smile!!!! Have fun in NYC!

Post a Comment