Friday, June 15, 2012

Mango chicken salad

I am behind in posting dinners due to an iPhoto fail that happened while I was in Europe. John being the tech savvy guy he is was able to save all my pictures and fix iPhoto but it did come with a lot of complaining about my mac (he's a pc guy). But I'm back in business!

Eating in Europe was delicious I had some pretty amazing meals but it lacked a good old veggies and fruit, (the Swedes like their meat and potatoes) so a big salad was in order this week.

I marinated some chicken in a lime chili marinated which consisted of:
  • 3 tablespoons olive oil
  • 1 1/2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
  • 1 lime, juiced
  • 1 teaspoon chili powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon paprika
  • 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
  • cayenne pepper to taste

After grilling the chicken and setting it to the side to cool I cut up some mango and avocado, then threw in  the chicken once it was cooled.







Then placed on top of some Italian mixed greens






Since I can't eat salad with out dressing I mixed up a few ingredients.
  • 2T of olive oil
  • 2T of white wine vinegar
  • pinch of sugar
  • salt & pepper to taste

0 comments:

Post a Comment