Monday, May 7, 2012

Salsa meatloaf

As I mentioned in my previous post I went home to PA this weekend to visit family. My grandmother was having a rough last couple of weeks so I decided to take the weekend off from blogging and just focus on visiting with family.


Back to it.
Tonight I made salsa meatloaf. I haven't made meatloaf in a while and for some reason or another it came up in conversation last week so I made a mental note to make it this week. This recipe is ridiculously easy and can be made with either ground turkey or beef. Here is what you need:

  • 1 pound ground beef sirloin
  • 1/2 cup salsa
  • 1/2 cup Italian seasoned bread crumbs
  • 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
  • 1 egg, lightly beaten
  • 3 cloves garlic, minced
  • dried parsley to taste
  • salt and pepper to taste
Mix all ingredients together and form into a loaf in a pan.



Cook at 350 until the internal temp is 160, it takes about 40-45 mins. I always forget how long it takes to cook so I didn't start it until John got home which was a BAD idea. So we had to eat dinner in 2 parts because I was starving and couldn't wait.

Part 1- side salad


Part 2- meatloaf and baked fries (which was about an hour later)
I made regular fries for John and sweet potato for me. 





0 comments:

Post a Comment