Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Quesadilla w/chicken & caramelized onions

One the drive home from PA on Sunday John and I stopped at the Wegmans in Northborough. John has never eaten at a Wegmans so I had to show him what he was missing. While we were there of course I had to pick up a few things for dinner this week one of which was a roaster chicken.

Tonight we had a late dinner due to going to the gym. Since my running is getting a little easier now (noticed I said a little). I thought I try some speed work outs on the treadmill which look something like this:
Time           Speed
0-10 mins       4.5
10-11mins        5
11-12 mins     5.5
12-13mins        6
13-14 mins     6.5
14-15 mins       7
15-16 mins     7.5
16-17 mins       7
17-18 mins     6.5
19-20 mins      6
repeat from the 10-11 mark
then cool down

I though wow this shouldn't be to hard it's only a minute each, piece of cake. Boy was I wrong, it must have not been a good exercise day for me because I did make it until the 7.5 speed and I was on my way  back down when all of a sudden my knee started hurting and I was out of breath I starting thinking just make it through this minute. Well that wasn't cutting it so I had to hit the stop button. Little did I know that it stopped immediately, I thought it would be more of a gradual stop. I stumbled face first into the treadmill, luckily I was able to grab the rail so I didn't fall down but I can't say it was a graceful stop.

Back to dinner, since we didn't get back from the gym until 8ish I decided to throw together quick chicken quesadillas. Which included chicken (obviously), caramelized onions in balsamic vinegar, and cheeseeee.




Of course with a pickle on the side.


0 comments:

Post a Comment