Friday, April 6, 2012

Quick glance of the week

Once again I have been a bad blogger, life has been hectic lately with hardly any down time. Since I am behind I will give a quick food update to catch up. Sorry guys! I promise to be better from here on out.

Tuesday 4/3
Sarah was still visiting and since we had a huge day out yesterday we decided on a low key day at home. For dinner I made stuffed shells with part-skim ricotta cheese and spinach. Recipe can be found here, instead of lasagna noodles I used shells.




Wednesday, 4/4
John had so graciously given Sarah and I tickets to the Celtics game this evening so we headed down early to eat at a nostalgic restaurant (at least for Sarah and I we had many fun times at this place) Fajitas and Ritas.


started with chips and salsa
Mmm mango Rita's
chicken & cheese quesadilla

start of the game
Sadly they lost, but it came down to the last minute literally! It was a great game both Sarah and I had a great time. Thanks John!!

Thursday, 4/5
A surprise came in the mail for me today, my mom had bought me the Pioneer Women's cookbook.


Best gift ever! We all know the huge crush I have on her! I often ask John if he wants to move out west and buy a ranch, I told him he can wear wrangler jeans so I can stare at his butt. ;)

So naturally for dinner I had to cook something from her cookbook, since John had a very girly packed 3 days I let him pick the recipe. I bet you can't guess what he picked...


Steakhouse pizza of course!




It was actually pretty good the steak sauce drizzled on top added quite a bit of flavor. For a side I made spinach salad with dried cranberries, walnuts and some feta to get a veggie in.


Friday, 4/6
I haven't mentioned this on my blog before but I signed up for another marathon. The Chicago marathon on Oct 7th, I have been wanting to do another one and I thought it would be a good way to get in shape for the wedding too. Tomorrow morning is my first training run and so I needed to carbo load. John picked an restaurant in the North End  called Al dente. It was really small in side but the food was really good and they served huge portions, I ended up taking home more than half.

we shared a ceaser salad, hold the anchovies
my meal I ordered pomodoro sauce with fresh tomatoes, garlic and white wine
John had carbonara pasta with sausage
After dinner we went home a plopped ourselves on the couch with an early bedtime for me!  Wish me luck 8 miles tomorrow!

0 comments:

Post a Comment