Friday, April 6, 2012

CSA basket # 3

Basket 3 arrived today, I am definitely glad I switched to the $29 option. I looked at the smaller basket we use to get and again it had basically the same items. The bigger the better! Here is what we received this week:


Vegetables:
  • lettuce
  • onions
  • carrots
  • zucchini
  • turnip
  • potatoes

I  keep getting a ton of potatoes I have them coming out the wazoo! and I hate them! There is only so many times I can make baked fries with dinner... I might add them to the no list, although I know John enjoys them. I wonder if there is an option I can receive less of them. decisions decisions

Fruit:
  • bananas
  • apples
  • pears
  • kiwi
  • oranges
  • tangelos

We are finding the fruit goes pretty fast both John and I eat at least 2 pieces a day. The veggies I usually try and incorporate the ones that won't last into dinner the week we get the basket.  The onions and potatoes usually last longer so I don't need to use them right away.
This week I plan on making
  • baked zucchini fries scratch that looking at the picture I realized I only have 2 I thought I had 3 zucchini's next time I'll make the zucchini fries
  • stuffed zucchini
  • blueberry pecan zucchini bread
  • stir fry with carrots and turnips

Anyone in need of some potatoes?

0 comments:

Post a Comment