Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Banana Chocolate Chip Cookies

If you love bananas and chocolate chips this recipe is for you! I had a banana that was about to go bad and I also was craving something sweet so what better idea then to make cookies! I heart cookies.
Here is what you'll need:

  • 1/3 cup butter, softened
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 1/2 cup mashed ripe banana
  • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1 cup all-purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips

  1. In a small bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg, banana and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in chocolate chips.   
  2. Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto baking sheets coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 9-11 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool.
Since this recipe makes a ton (3 dozen) I divided everything in half. Here's the nutrition info if you interested. 

Nutritional Facts 1 cookie equals 66 calories, 3 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 51 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.

I discovered a new camera tool going around the blog/twitter world called instagram. The pictures I have seen come out pretty neat looking so I wanted to give it a try. Sadly enough it is only an app for iphone's so I downloaded on John's phone. Here's the results of my picture taking

There are a ton of different settings you can use. I highly recommend giving it a try it's a fun new app to play around with.

0 comments:

Post a Comment