Sunday, February 26, 2012

Ice Skating in the North End

Timmy and Phil invited us ice skating this afternoon in the North End. I don't think I have ever been ice skating before so I was excited to give it a try. It started at 2pm and we arrived a little early so we explored the North End. We walked by the old North Church where Paul Revere hung the laterns to warn the town.



Then came across this really cute small house


Then a grave yard where really really old people are buried.







Then it was finally time to skate! Skating was free and the shoe rentals were $5!



 They were definitely weird to walk in and I struggled walking up and down the stairs with them I was quite a sight! The guys got a good laugh.



I finally got a hang of it and then the Zamboni came out and we had to switch directions. I did not do well going the other way! I had my first fall of the afternoon taking poor John down with me. Timmy and Phil both had a good laugh!







After skating we were all exhausted! Heading home I had a not so healthy menu planned for dinner. John picked up steaks yesterday so I decided to make those for dinner. We used a rub that we got for Christmas which turned out to be amazing! I definitely will be using this rub on other meats!



For sides I made asparagus and a side salad. I decided to go a little fancy and add granny smith apple, pecans and gorgonzola cheese with a homemade honey mustard balsamic vinaigrette.




For dessert I have been dying to use my creme brulee kit I got for Christmas. I finally stopped by the store to pick up the butane needed for the torch today.







It was sooo good! the sugar layer wasn't as crispy as when you order them in restaurants but it pretty amazing! We ate these while watching the Oscars.

1 comments:

Leah said...

Creme Brulee is my absolute favorite dessert! They look like they came out perfect! It looks to me like you did great for your first time skating!!! Hopefully next winter we can all go together!

Post a Comment