Monday, February 27, 2012

Stuffed chicken & Europe

You must be wondering what these 2 things have to do together and they don't really. Stuffed chicken is what I had for dinner and Europe is where I bought a plane ticket to today and of course the topic of dinner conversation! (so exciting!!!)

This will be my 3rd trip to Europe but my last trip was in 2008 so I am excited to go back. The 1st week of the trip I will be in Visby, Sweden for a Dog and Cat conference for work. The 2nd week will be split between Uppsala (Mon-Wed) and then flying to Copenhagen (Wed-Sun). John will be joining me for the 2nd week!



Visby is on an island off the coast of Sweden, it is an old walled city from way back in the day. It will be exciting to explore!

On to dinner I had bought some chicken breast at a local butcher this week. (they get all their meat from local farms) And I had some left over cheese dip stuff and some asparagus so I wanted to combined them to stuff the chicken.







First off the chicken breast where crazy huge! I just ended up using 1 and freezing the other. I pounded it out so it was thing and then cut it into 2 spread the cheese over it and then wrapped the asparagus in side.



I added a little chicken stock to the pan and cooked it in the over on 375 for about 20 mins or until cooked through. I was actually a little worried that it wouldn't have any flavor but the cheese melted and it was actually really good. (pat on the back to me).



For sides I made rice cooked in chicken stock and a tomato fennel salad.


0 comments:

Post a Comment