Saturday, February 25, 2012

Fuji at Kendall

John is finally arrived back home after his flight kept getting delayed last night, which meant a late bed time for both of us. I ended up sleeping in until about 9:30 while John slept in until 11:45am. This is unheard of I am the one who loves to stay in bed and normally he hates it! (he must still be on CA time) Since our day was off to a late start we ran a few errands and I decided I wanted to try something new for dinner. So I googled and didn't find anything that struck my fancy then I remembered a new Asian restaurant near work Fuji at Kendall.

Walking in the interior was simple but nicely the front of the restaurant was all windows and if you sat a the bar you could watch them prepare the food. We were seated at a cute little table for 2 and they had the cutest little settings. A pot for soy sauce and a small saucer.

 
For dinner I was having a hard time choosing so I decided at last to go with the philly cheese steak roll (really weird right?) and an avocado mango roll.




Both were really good, the philly cheese steak roll was just that steak and peppers wrapped in rice with a cheese sauce on top. At first bite I wasn't to sure but the flavors actually worked well together.John  ordered a combo plate of fishy ones (I'm not a huge fan of the ones containing fish I usually go veterinarian when it comes to sushi) One of his rolls was called a caterpillar roll it was to cute it came looking like a caterpillar.



The eyes were actually made of octopus suckers, those were not eaten. After dinner we met Cart for a drink at Meadhall another newish bar in Kendall. Then off to bed to prepare for a day of ice skating!

0 comments:

Post a Comment