Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Steak & asparagus

I had lots of leftovers from the Chopped dinner party on Saturday I in trying to use them I decided to cook the leftover steak tonight for dinner. I did nothing special to it just sprinkled salt + pepper and seared it in the cast iron pan (each side for 90 secs), then placed in the oven on 450 until desired doneness.  About 130-med rare for John and about 135-medium for me. I was a little skeptical on how they would turn out but they tasted amazing! I only put half of the steak on my plate to eat for dinner but I ended up going back for half of the other half because it was that good.



For the asparagus I simply added about a tsbp of butter and evoo the the pan, cut the asparagus in half (roughly a 1lb) and sauteed when they were almost done I added 2 cloves of mined garlic to the pan.


A very simple but delicious meal! But I think I'm steaked out for a while but I'm sure John would eat it every night if I let him!



Tomorrow hump day!! Friday I have plans to get my ring re-sized!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment