Monday, December 5, 2011

Pasta stir-fry

You never going to believe it,
alright maybe you will. :)

After John ate his mixed plate of Chinese take out last night he spent the night in the bathroom. Let's just say montezuma's revenge hit. We thought it was the food, but turns out a) he got sick again or b) he did not fully get over the flu from last week. He ended up calling off work today and spent the whole day in bed, and did not want to eat a thing. Soooo I reverted back to my old ways and ate pasta...

I have nothing to say to defend myself on this one, I can't help it I'm an addict!! Do they have pasta eaters anonymous?
But I am trying to healthify my pasta dishes even more. I have a ton of veggies leftover from the chopped party so I decided to incorporate them into dinner. Looking back at the reviews on my cooking I am never to harsh. It's my personality I always try to look at the good things and avoid the bad.
So when I say you have to make this you might think yeah, yeah Michele. But you should really really try this! It's not that it the most fantastic tasting dish I've made but there is something so versatile and easy that it's just a great dish.


One other side note (sorry I'm scattered brain tonight) if you do not have a iron cast pan please please get one. I promise it will be the best investment you will ever make for your kitchen. I did have some problems at first but once you learn the in's and out's of taking care of it you will never go back. Since I bought mine I haven't used any other skillet since. All those recipes that require you to add some type of oil or butter or unhealthy substance to begin the cooking process,  no longer needed!!!
I'll stop now, I will continue/discuss my love for cast iron pans in a separate post.

Back to dinner, I added
  • onions
  • peppers
  • black or green olives (your preference)
  • garlic
  • fresh parsley
  • sun-dried tomatoes
  • dried oregano (to taste)
  • salt and pepper (to taste)
Cook until soft but still a bit crunch then added 1/4 cup of water. In the mean time cook pasta until al dente strain and added it to the veggie mixture. For the vegetables you can add really anything you like or have available, mushrooms, asparagus, those darn water chestnuts ;), carrots, alright you get the idea.



Added a little cayenne pepper for some spice, remove from heat and stir in feta or your choice of cheese. (or no cheese but I'm going on the assumption everyone loves it as much as I do).

Then your ready to serve!






I ate a lot of this and I'm taking some for lunch tomorrow!

-Love me

0 comments:

Post a Comment