Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Southwestern chicken sandwiches

I was craving a chicken sandwich similar to the one I had a the other day when we met Cart out for dinner. This morning I marinated some chicken breast in the following:
  • 1 T of chili power
  • 1T of cumin
  • 2 cloves of crushed garlic
  • 1/4c of fresh chopped cliantro
  • 3/4c of evoo
Once home from work I grilled them on my grill pan (which is my new thing I am loving in the kitchen since we don't have easy access to the grill).


While I was waiting for the chicken to cook I ate some of this because I was starving!


I found these rolls at Whole Foods the other day and thought they looked good, I have never heard of this type of bread before. Brioche rolls?



Next melted some pepper jack cheese on top of the chicken, then cut in to smaller strips. Added the chicken, avocado and tomato to the sandwich.





For a side I made a cranberry, walnut, feta salad with some homemade balsamic dressing. It was delicious and hit the spot!


0 comments:

Post a Comment