Sunday, November 20, 2011

Asian Sunday dinner

Another Sunday dinner is upon us, last week I made meatloaf for Cart and previously I made ribs for John. So this Sunday I made 2 types of Asian food for Timmy. The first being soba noodles with vegetables.  But first we started with some appetizers



Amerian pickled veggies
 I found this sauce recipe on line
Sauce:
1 tbsp sesame oil
2 tbsp rice vinegar
1 tbsp plus 1 tsp soy sauce
1 tbsp mirin
2 tbsp hoisin sauce
1 tsp honey
1 tsp finely grated fresh ginger
1 tsp chili garlic sauce

I made some soba noodles and added the sauce then added carrots, peppers, and snow peas. Of course you can always add what ever vegetables you see fit. Mix together and let sit so the flavors come together.




This turned out pretty well, at first taste it had a sweet flavor then a kick at the end.  The second dish was a beef broccoli stir fry that I found from the stir fry book Leah gave John for his birthday.



In it was beef, broccoli and yellow peppers sauteed in a spicy sauce. It was also good but way too spicy, seem I accidentally do this a lot. But it was a good pairing with the sweet noodles if I do say so myself. :)


0 comments:

Post a Comment