Saturday, September 17, 2011

Ham and cheese bar crawl part 2

Just as we were about to leave the Salty Pig Jared and Jocelyn showed up and were ready to move on to the 3rd stop with us.

MET BAR:
Our 3rd stop was the Met Bar, now the Met Bar is a restaurant and a ham and cheese bar. We headed downstairs to sit at the ham and cheese bar which was centered around the meat slicer. Again, I was here one other time with John and I was excited to come because they had the most amazing plate ever! It came with these pickled green beans that were out of this world, I was talking them up to everyone only to be disappointed because they didn't sell them anymore.  :( Here we ordered 2 house ham and cheese platters which were by far the biggest of the places we have gone so far (they are enough for a meal for 2 people).


the boys
 On the plate you get 2 or 3 different types of meats, 3 cheeses, dates, and nuts and a crap load of wonderful bread. I believe by this point in the day it was dinner time and we have been out eating and drinking for at least 3 hours. I maybe had 1 too many of these (below) and was ready for some real food.


So we headed to the 4th and final place which is the furthest away. 

MARLIAVE:
At this point everyone had joined our group Cart, Tim, Phil, Erin, Brendon, Jared, Jocelyn and John and myself. The last place on the tour was Marliave  which had an old timey feeling to it when you walked in everything was decorated in old time Boston and the drinks were older cocktails they would serve back in the day. Since we were all starving we decided instead of ordering another ham and cheese plate we each ordered some real food. John and I ordered meatball sliders which were amazing!! Now to be honest I can't tell you if it was my hunger talking or the cocktails I have been drinking but they were really good (probably a little of both). And speaking of the cocktails John stepped up at this point and so kindly took the pictures of our food because lets just say I had my fill for the evening. ;) 



A few people decided they wanted something additional to eat so they ordered a tower of raw oysters. I however did not partake in them because a) there just ok and b) I was to busy up walking around talking to everyone you came out to celebrate with me. :)



This rounded out our evening of ham & cheese bar hopping!! Everyone did end up going out to one more bar after Marliave but I didn't stay for very long before John and I headed home I had my fill of food and drinks and it was time for bed.

It was a great time thank you everyone for coming out and celebrating with me!!

1 comments:

Unknown said...

I had o idea there was even a such thing as a ham and cheese bar. This sounds like an excellent time.

Post a Comment