Monday, September 19, 2011

Fig-Prosciutto Pizza with Arugula

After work tonight I had the usual catch up of errands and chores to do grocery store, laundry and cleaning. I was busy until John got home when all I wanted to do was sit on the couch and read my smutty TRN (trashy romance novel). :) For dinner I decided to make a quick pizza that Pioneer Women had made on her show Saturday morning. I must admit I have a huge girl crush on this lady! I love my life and living in Boston and I love John very very much but I'm not going to lie I have a fantasy of living on a ranch with lots of cute animals and a sexy cowboy. I asked John if he wanted to move and his reaction is not one I can post on the blog. ;)

So my plan was to make homemade pizza crust in my bread maker that John got me for Christmas but needless to say that was a huge FAIL!!  I didn't have the bucket all the way locked down and the dough didn't mix and knead at all, and when I tried to reset it it only made it worse. So I called John a little angry and asked him to pick up some wholewheat dough on the way home.
Here's what your need: (from pioneer women)
  • 1 pizza crust
  • arugula 
  • fresh Mozzarella, Sliced Thin 
  • thinly Sliced Prosciutto 
  • Shaved Parmesan 
  • fig spread (which you can find it above the case in the fancy cheese section, I am only telling you this because I spent a half an hour looking for it in the store)
Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 500 degrees.
  2. Roll out 1/3 of the pizza dough as thinly as possible. Place on a large baking sheet.
  3. Drizzle lightly with olive oil and sprinkle lightly with kosher salt. Spread fig spread (or jam) all over the surface of the dough. Sprinkle lightly with salt.
  4. Lay sliced of mozzarella all over the surface. Sprinkle lightly with salt and freshly ground pepper. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes, or until crust is golden and cheese is bubbly.
  5. Remove from oven and immediately lay prosciutto over hot pizza. Just before serving, sprinkle on arugula and Parmesan shavings.
  6. Cut into wedges or squares and serve immediately!





The pizza turned out good, a little sticky to eat (due to the fig spread) but good. And I suggest to let it rest before cutting it or else you'll have mozarella and fig spread drain all off the pizza (yes, I am speaking from experience).

It's been a long night and I'm going to bed! Nite!

0 comments:

Post a Comment