Saturday, September 10, 2011

Chicken and olives

Tonight I decided to make a dish for my family since they are still amazed at my new found cooking skills. I really use to be horrible, one of their favorite stories is when I use to burn rice and eat nothing but mac & cheese and grilled cheese (which I don't see nothing wrong with both good dishes :) ). I decided on the chicken and olives dish from the pioneer women which is delicious!



The dish is a pretty easy one to make, the stars of the dish of course are chicken, olives and diced tomatoes with a few spices. the recipe does call for a few splashes of heavy cream at the end which of course does not make it a healthy dish. I have tried to a few different substitutes corn starch, light cream but none of which the dish taste the same as using that heavy cream, so now I just try to use a smaller amount.

My family loved the dish, my sister picked out the tomatoes and just ate the olives and chicken (she doesn't like them, I know were a weird family me hating potatoes and Katie with the dislike of tomatoes and onions). Which was ok that left more for the rest of us :)

Tomorrow morning John and I are getting up early and heading back to Boston.

0 comments:

Post a Comment