Sunday, September 4, 2011

Asain style ribs & corn

Sunday morning came and went and I still wasn't feeling great from celebrating Cart's birthday so John and I decided it was going to be a low key day with a trip to the grocery store, I decided on Asian style ribs for dinner. The recipe originally called to cook them in the crock pot for 8 hours but since I didn't get to the store until 3 I obviously didn't have 8 hours to cook them. So I decided to cook them in the my dutch oven on 350 for 3-4 hours instead. It was a really simple recipe, you mix the following together in a bowl:
1/2 c low sodium soy sauce
1/3 c brown sugar
1/4 c rice vinegar
2 cloves garlic, peeled and smashed
1 T grated fresh ginger 
1/2 t crushed red pepper

place peeled, chopped carrot sticks in the bottom of the dutch oven and layer the short ribs on top. Pour the sauce mixture over the ribs and then add a layer of quartered green cabbage on top, cook for 3-4 hours until ribs fall off bone. 




For sides we made some rice and corn on the cob. John loved these! I thought the really ribs were good but the vegetables were a little to salty for my taste.


0 comments:

Post a Comment