Monday, September 5, 2011

Roasted chicken & pasta salad

Happy Labor Day!! We didn't have any plans for the day so Timmy and cart came over to plays games and for dinner. I wanted to catch up on some house work so they played a few board games while I did some chores and attempted round 3 of the carrot cake dessert for Sarah's birthday. Her birthday was on Thursday but since the first batches didn't turn out I was determined not to send her gift until I made something that turned out! I found another recipe that was muffins (I gave up on the cookie idea) and had a cream cheese filling with raisins soaked in rum! How could you go wrong!



They turned out amazing this time around! I of course had to sample one to make sure. ;) I hope they make it in one piece when I send them to her because they are totally worth holding of on sending the gift. 


On the dinner menu for this evening was simple a roasted chicken with pasta salad. The chicken recipe I get from one of my cooking light magazines. I believe I gave this a recipe a try before and we liked it so I'm making it again.


The pasta salad came from Bon Appétit which was made with mozzarella, sun-dried tomatoes and olive (both recipes posted on my recipe tab). 


John was in charge of the chicken while I made the pasta salad, both were at hit and we hardly had any leftovers. 



After dinner I did this for the rest of the evening, it's back to work tomorrow. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment