Sunday, August 14, 2011

Spring Rolls

Tonight I was going to try and make the momo's I made in my cooking class the other week but I didn't make the cheese in time and I couldn't find a substitute that would work. So I went to plan B and made spring rolls it was a joint effort between John and I. I julienne all the veggies bell peppers, lettuce, cucumbers, spicy peppers, cilantro and carrots.


John cooked the chicken


We had 3 different types of sauces a peanut sauce (John made this), sweet chili sauce, and regular old soy sauce.



Then we set to the task of rolling the spring rolls it is much harder then it looks! The rice paper comes in hard round burrito like sheets. You have to soak them in hot water for 10-20 sec then quickly pull them out and lay them on a flat surface. We put about a 1/4 cup of filling in each wrapper then started to roll, the wrapper was sticky and very thin so you had to be careful not to tear it while it is sticking to you.

The first few turned out a little funny looking but once we had a few under our belt it became a little easier to wrap. I bet you could tell which ones were the first few we made.  :) They were really good my favorite sauce was the sweet chili and John's was the soy sauce. I recommend giving these a try they are fun to make and pretty healthy considering there filled with mostly veggies.   :)



0 comments:

Post a Comment