Sunday, August 21, 2011

Pulled pork & summer slaw

Sunday is the day of rest so that is exactly what we did John, Kate and myself plopped ourselves on the couch for the day and watched tv. I deiced for an easy dinner I would make pulled pork in the crock pot and some summer slaw from a recipe I found off the internet. Here is what you'll need:

2 medium onions, chopped
1 cup ketchup
2/3 cup cider vinegar
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup tomato paste
4 tablespoons paprika
1/2 tablespoon cayenne pepper
4 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
7 teaspoons salt
3 teaspoons black pepper
5 pounds pork butt, cut into 2 pieces
Rolls or buns

Directions:

1. Combine all of the ingredients except the pork butt and the buns in a large slow cooker. Stir together with a spoon until well combined.  Add the 2 pieces of pork and place the lid on the slow cooker. Cook for 8 hours on low or until pork is tender and easily pulls apart from the bone.
2. Take two forks and shred the pork. Place the pork back into the slow cooker with the remaining sauce. Stir well and serve on rolls or buns.

Now this recipe serves 24! So I halved it, that is still a lot so I invited Cart over for dinner to help us eat it up. As sides I made the summer slaw that I made a few weeks ago when John and I were at the lake house it turned out to be a good slaw recipe with out mayo.

I of course forgot to take pictures (so I only have the leftover pictures) because I threw it all together in the morning, but I must say you must give this a try. John loved this! I have very strict instructions not to throw ANY of the leftovers away.



0 comments:

Post a Comment