Sunday, July 31, 2011

Chicken Parm

Sunday was another really nice day in Boston and John and I couldn't bring our selves to do our normal Sunday chores (grocery shopping. laundry, cleaning...) so instead we decided to head downtown and walk around. In faneuil hall they were having a mini car show so of course John wanted to stop by and take a look. On the way out the door we spotted this in the tree right outside out door!





After wards we grabbed a bite of lunch at Tia's which is a restaurant down by the waterfront before walking around some more and we came across a cupcake store, yes I know how could you not stop right?!?!?! So we did and purchesed these and enjoyed them in the boston common. I had not your red and white (vanilla bean cake with raspberry filling) John had a caramel macchiato flavored.




My request for the day was to hit up a kitchen store so I could purchase little ramekins. My goal is to try out different mac & cheese recipes why you ask.... well every memorial day John and his friends head to his lake house for a weekend of debauchery. For the last 2 years since John and I have been dating I have been helping to cook the meals for everyone which is one of my favorite things to do. I love it when I make a good meal and everyone really enjoys it. Anyway back to the story I have been making  Alton Brown's recipe for mac & cheese and I am sad to say it isn't very good. :( So I am on a mission to find a great recipe for next year. Walking around John and I found a cute little kitchen store on Newbury st and I fell in love with these.


They are the most fantastic/cute things I have laid my eyes on! The bad news they are on the expensive side and I can't bring myself to purchase them but I vow to one day own them.

John and I walked a ton from park st t-station to the waterfront back to newbury st! Once we got home and the words were uttered whats for dinner hun..... I knew immediately that I chicken parm was in order. I have been craving it for a while and I figured it is probably a little healthier to make it at home then eat it out at a restaurant. So I breaded the chicken with panko bread + some thyme, basil and oregano then grilled it on my grill pan for 3 minutes each side. Next in the oven it goes on 500 for 10 mins covered and 5 mins uncovered. When finished place on top of pasta and enjoy!



Relaxing for the rest of the evening before back to work tomorrow.  :( Night!

0 comments:

Post a Comment