Monday, August 1, 2011

Quick Margherita Pizza

Tonight is the night Paige leaves us :( and after work I had a ton of stuff to do grocery shop, clean and laundry. So I thought pizza would be a quick and easy dinner, while at the grocery store and looking for pre-made pizza crust I came across naan (Indian bread) and I thought that I'd try making pizza with that! I thought maybe it give it a flatbread feel.
I started with spreading a little bit of olive oil on the naan then rubbing some garlic cloves over the bread. For toppings I added sliced tomatoes, fresh mozzarella and sweet peppers. I baked it in the oven at 400 for 12 minutes and once out I added some chopped basil and sprinkled a little balsamic vinegar on top.


It turned out ok the bites of the pizza that included all the toppings were flavorful but the edges where it was just the naan was just plain tasting. Next time I will make sure to add the topping to the edge of the pizza and besides who doesn't love more toppings. :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment