Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Thai chicken lettuce wraps

This has been a long week so far even though its only Wednesday. John has been sick all week with a fever and that means neither of have slept so were both cranky! Tonight on the menu was thai chicken wraps, I looked for a recipe online but couldn't find one that I really liked. So I took a couple different ones and used the ingredients I liked from each one. I started with some chopped veggies carrots, cabbage, scallions, shallots and red pepper. I sauteed them in the wok until tender but still a little crispy then added some left over roasted chicken, garlic and ginger.



Contuine cooking then added soy sauce, red chili sauce, and mirin.




I used Boston bib lettuce since they make nice "cups" and we live in Boston so of course we had to ;)


Put the filling in the lettuce leaves then enjoy! They actually turned out well the chili sauce always surprises me with how spicy it is needless to say I drank lots of water with dinner. John on the other hand was adding more! We have totally different taste buds when it comes to spicy food. Often times when cooking dinner I take my portion out then add more spice for him.  :)



Tonight is a really exciting night I will be dog sitting for John's friend from work a cockapoo named Paige!! I am so excited to dog sit, I have been bugging John forever to get a dog so this will give us good experience to see what having one is like. Needless to say I am sure there will be tones of pictures of Paige on the blog the next few days. :)

1 comments:

Leah said...

Michele these looks so yummy!!! I want to try them!!

Post a Comment