Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Panzanella

Tonight's dinner was simple and easy using up some produce and bread we had left over. Panzanella is something I have came across many of times while looking for dinner recipes but something I never made. I wasn't sure really what it was so I googled and found it is originally a Florence dish made in the summer which was originally based on onions but in the 20th century switched to tomatoes which is fine by me. :)

I started by chopping red and yellow bell peppers, tomatoes, and cucumbers put them in a bowl and added some capers, salt and pepper.



Next I cut the left over bread into cubes and toasted them in the oven for a little until they were crispy.


John mixed together the dressing ingredients which were olive oil, white wine vinegar, salt, pepper, garlic and mustard. 


Then mix all together and there you have it a panzanella salad!



For dessert tonight we are having butterscotch meringue bars, which has a layer or cookie bar then melted chocolate chips and top it off with a meringue layer. (I'll add the recipe to my recipe tab)  Mmmmm John is in love with these!!


0 comments:

Post a Comment