Thursday, July 28, 2011

Quinoa stuffed tomatoes

Today is slowly getting back to normal for us John returned to work (although it was nice to have him home when I got home from work even though he was sick) and he is finally starting to feel better! Hopefully I will not come down with whatever he had! On the menu for tonight's dinner was stuffed tomatoes something I have been wanting to try for a while now. I did a little googling and came across a recipe for basil goat cheese quinoa stiffed tomatoes. I decided to alter the recipe a little since I didn't have all the ingredients. I started by soaking the tomatoes in a little olive oil, garlic, salt and pepper. While they were marinating I made the quinoa in chicken stock to give it a little more flavor. Once cooked I added in some feta, basil with a little lemon juice. I cored the tomatoes which was a little more difficult then I expected (I kept poking holes through them with the knife as I was trying to cut out the insides). Once everything was ready to go I stuffed to tomatoes with the quinoa stuffing and baked them for 25 mins at 375. I wasn't sure if John was going to like them since it was a meatless meal ;) but surprisingly he really enjoyed them.



As a side we had some corn on the cob it wasn't as sweet as what we have been buying but still edible. 



Sorry for lack of pictures I have been dog sitting and I got a little distracted talking to Paige while I was cooking yes, I talk to the dog then again who doesn't!  ;)  I was explaining to her that if she learned one thing while she was here that it was you can never add to much cheese!! :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment