Monday, July 25, 2011

Homemade chicken noodle soup & grilled cheese

Today John and I both took at vacation day which turned out to be a sick day for him. We both had drs appts today me for a yearly physical and John had an appt for his ankle (he twisted it while working last week). Since he was feeling head coldy and it was raining out what better dinner to have then homemade chicken noodle soup and grilled cheese. I had to go to the grocery store this afternoon so I picked up a roaster chicken and the fixings for the soup. It had the typical celery, carrots, onions some garlic and a little bit of basil and oregano.



And of course you can't forget the grilled cheese! John usually makes the grilled cheese but I wasn't feeling Paula Dean style (John puts a shit load of butter on the outside and inside of each bread slice) this evening so I made them and he wasn't feeling well.  :)



I made the grilled cheese on my new grill pan that I recently purchased. I must say I really grown to love the pan it is so nice to use for meats, sandwiches or grilling veggies especially if you don't have access to a real grill. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment