Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Mexican chicken stuffed peppers

It has been a crazy week both John and I have been really busy and not getting home until late. I didn't have time to go grocery shopping this week so I was trying to make the best of the leftovers. I think I mentioned this on here before but John hates leftovers. He says he doesn't like eating the same thing twice (he's weird, but he'll eat sandwiches multiple days for dinner?!).
He also hates sloppy joes which I really enjoy (they were a staple growing up). This I don't really understand because its ground beef with ketchup, peppers and onions all of which he likes. We have had multiple conversations about this until yesterday afternoon he realized he was mixing up shepherd's pie with sloppy joes. (it's ok, I still love him) I told him he doesn't have to worry because shepherds pie involved mash potatoes so I'll never make that.

Anyways, back to dinner since he prefers not to eat leftovers I have been getting better these last few weeks at repurposing leftovers. aka - shredded Mexican stuffed peppers.

I used the shredded chicken I made the other day, here.



And stuffed them into the green peppers my family brought me from their garden.




After they were done cooking I sprinkled a little cheese on top and baked a few minutes longer.


0 comments:

Post a Comment