Thursday, August 23, 2012

Olive & feta turkey burgers

This week my meals have consisted of leftover chicken, turkey burgers and subway- turkey with avocado and spinach (due to no electric).

Last night we had a power outage at our condo complex. It wasn't pretty folks, what did people do without electric? And worse by themselves.
I tried reading by candle light, Fail. The candle flame kept flickering (as candle flames do) and I was getting a headache reading not to mention they aren't to bright. Then I tried to watch a dvd on the computer but then the battery died. Because leaving the apt after I was already in pj's was not an option I did what any normal person would do and stared out the window in a creepy dark apt and spied on the neighbors and walker byers.

Now that that I made myself sound creepy, on to turkey burgers! As promised I decided to make a second round of turkey burgers but this time using olives instead of the zucchini.
I mixed together :

  • 1lb of organic ground turkey
  • 1 glove of garlic (minced)
  • 1/3c fresh cilantro
  • 1/3c feta
  • 1/2t cumin
  • 1/2t coriander
  • 1/4t of red cayenne pepper
  • 1/3c chopped olives
  • a dash of olive oil
Made into 4 patties
 


Cooked on a grill pan and then finished in the oven.



Ate with a side of sweet potato fries of course. :)


0 comments:

Post a Comment