Wednesday, July 18, 2012

On the Road Again

At 4am this morning my alarm went off and I had to get my butt out of bed and showered to get to the airport on time to catch our flight to Portland, Oregon. Once on the plane I thought it would be easy sailing pass out, hop on our connecting flight and off we go, not so much.... Our plane took forever to leave Boston and just keep driving around the tarmac. Which meant we were going to miss our connecting flight since we only had a 30 min layover. Luckily upon arriving they were nice enough to hold the plane for us so we made it!! On the 2nd leg of the flight from Chicago to Portland we passed over Mt Hood.


You can barley see it there in the wayyy background.  :)

We landed in Portland with no major catastrophes which was good and I had one thing on my mind doughnuts!!! In Portland there is this well know doughnut shop called VooDoo donuts, I've seen it on the food channel many many times and knew I had to go.




They are know for there crazy flavor doughnuts, so of course John and I had a hard time deciding what flavors to pick.



We ended up with a maple bacon, old dirty bastard (which is chocolate with oreo cookie and peanut butter drizzle), double bubble ( I claimed the gum) and captin crunch. And of course we had to split 2 right away. ;)



I took a much better picture of John then he took of me, go figure! After doughnut eating we headed back to the car to make the 1.5 hr drive to Gearhart (a small beach town) where the wedding is being held.

We arrived around 2:30pm and got ourselves all checked in then made a run to the local store from some breakfast items and snacks since we have a kitchen in our condo. After unpacking and getting settled we headed down for a walk on the beach, my favorite!!!




I tried to be romantic and write Michele loves John in the sand with my big toe (because nothing says love like your big toe) and then I got a charlie horse in my foot, only me. But I completed the task at hand.






Now we are relaxing in the condo with some snacks and a glass of wine waiting for Cart to show up. (he's staying with us). Then we'll head to dinner with all of John's friends who came for the wedding.







1 comments:

Deb said...

Hey I've missed you guys.....

Post a Comment