Sunday, May 20, 2012

Little balls of deliciousness

It's about that time of month again (sorry to any boys that read this). :(  It's the only time I crave sweets, now don't get me wrong I will eat them any time but one time a month I actually crave sweets. I always know it's inevitable that I am going to gorge myself on sweets this week so I have been trying to find healthier versions of things I love. And I came across this delightful little ball of surprise and knew I had to try them.

Here is what you do:
Mix the following ingredients in a bowl (this recipe makes about 20 small balls)
  • 1/4 cup honey
  • 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
  • 1/2 cup dark chocolate, chopped 
  • 1 cup oats
  • 1 cup unsweetened coconut
  • 1 tsp. vanilla 
Then place the mix in the fridge for about 30 mins, remove and roll into small balls.



Then place back in the fridge until they harden.

For the dark chocolate I couldn't find a decently priced block that I could chop so I bought the cutest little  dark square chocolate pieces ever! I'm telling you'll just have to ohhh when you see how cute and tiny they are.



I know the picture doesn't do them justice (they are taken with my phone) so you'll have to trust me on this. If you can't find these cute little guys you could always just use regular chocolate chips or dark chocolate ones.
Oh and now I eat these by the handful!

They can even be vegan friendly too if use swap out the honey with agave nectar.

0 comments:

Post a Comment