Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Leftovers

Today I took off work to get a lot of things done, I got up early this morning and made a bunch of phone calls then I had planned to make a quick trip to the outlets because I have no shorts for my trip and John needed black dress shoes. I made it to the outlets with no trouble got what I needed and headed back home. By this time it was 4ish and I was in a heated battle in my head if I should take 93 or 95 north both of which I knew would be a shit show this time of day. I decided on 93 north purely because my apt is closer to the exit.

Of course I hit stopped dead traffic and I am sitting on the highway with my windows down (because my air conditioner is broke) when I start to hear a really weird sound coming from my car. I tried sticking my head out the window to look at my tires but that was a fail. (I just got a lot of weird looks) Then I realized my car was tilted to the side. Crap! I had a flat tire. There was no where to pull off, the side of the road was no existent and I saw a sign that said next exit 1 mile. GREAT! I have a flat tire on 93 N in the middle of rush hour with no where to pull over!

So I did what any logical person crazy person would do I drove maybe a mile on my flat tire until I saw a pull off. I was so pissed of all times for this to happen I still had so much to do when I got home! and I didn't have AAA.

 I am perfectly capable of changing my tire myself, I have done it a million times (this is my trillionth flat tire since I started dating John, another story all together). But I was worried I wouldn't be able to get my lug nuts off. So I called John (like he would be able to do anything because he is currently in FL) and I started crying because I was mad. (that seems to be my natural reaction when I get really mad I don't know why but after years of this reaction I had learned this is just how my body seems to deal with it). John of course because I was sobbing into the phone thought I had run  my car off in a ditch and ruined my car. When I finally calmed down I told him what happen and he offered to use his AAA and call for me.

I got off the phone and started taking my spare and jack out of my trunk. I put my car up on the jack and started taking off the tire when a van pulled up in front of my car and a very nice Irish man got out. He helped me change my tire while talking to me in this really thick Irish accent that I had to ask him to repeat what he said because I a) couldn't understand him through his accent b) couldn't hear him talk over the traffic. The spare tire was finally on and I was one my way home again. And now I am officially on John's AAA card because he had to add me on before they would come help me in which he had to promptly cancel because it had been fixed thanks to the nice Irish man.

By the time I got home it was dinner time and I was starving with no food in the fridge so I ended up eating a variety of things starting with some cantaloupe.


Then moved on to a small piece of pork chop left over from Sunday and a small amount of fried rice left over from Monday with some lettuce on the side (don't ask) I felt like some lettuce.



To put the size into perspective, this meal is on a small dessert plate so there really wasn't much left overs. So later I also had an apple and a cheese stick which I forgot to take pictures of but you all know what they look like.


1 comments:

Deb said...

Good Job honey!!!!!!

Post a Comment