Thursday, April 26, 2012

Creamy pasta with vegetables

Another recipe from my food network magazine was on the menu for this evening a creamy pasta with vegetables. Carrots, snap peas, asparagus, shallots and garlic along with a little pancetta.



Looking over the ingredients list I saw it called for 1 cup of heavy cream, there was no way I would be adding that so I decided on a substituent of 3/4 cup low fat milk, 2T of butter and 1T of flour. Still not the healthiest with 2T of butter but way better then a cup of heavy cream.


Boil the noodles and the last 3 minutes I added all the veggies in to cook, then drained.


In the mean time in a skillet, I added the shallots and pancetta until they started to brown. Next add in the garlic with some red pepper flakes.


Next came the heavy cream substitute and 2T of dijon grainy mustard.



Simmered until it thickened and added pasta and vegetable mixture.


Serve and enjoy!



This was really good! The mustard gave it a tangy flavor with a little spicy from the red pepper flakes.

0 comments:

Post a Comment