Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Hungry Mother

Last night we had the pleasure of sharing dinner with Trevor and Jess. Jess has just moved from NYC to Boston two great cities! So we decided a date night out to celebrate with good food is the way to go. Jess found a list of Boston 50 great restaurants that she has decided to make her way through while living here. So we decided on hungry mother last night. I have been hearing about this place for a while now even the last few cooking classes I have taken they have even mentioned everyone should come here.

source

source
When we arrived there was a little bit of a wait for a table so we had a drink at the bar. When our table was ready we each had a hard time deciding, so we decided on sharing 2 small plates and each getting a entree. Up first the 2 small plates fried oysters & sausage creamy grits, pepperrochini A-1 flavored sauce.


Carolina pork sliders with collard slaw, bread and butter pickles.


They were both amazing melt in your mouth type of dishes. For my main dish I decided on the gnocchi with country ham shemejiu mushrooms, gold squash, vidalias, and sarvecchio (type of Parmesan cheese).


Believe it or not as much as I love pasta I have never had gnocchi. I know it is a potato pasta and I am always afraid it will be to potatoy. Turns out not so much it was amazing!!


All the dishes were great, we each shared a bite of our meals. 
For dessert the girls decided on sharing the smores pie. The marshmallow was divine!


Welcome to Boston Jess!

0 comments:

Post a Comment