Monday, January 23, 2012

Manicotti

I have been craving stuffed shells for a while now I was going to make them a while back but then when I went home for a visit and my mom ended up making them, curbing my craving for a while. So tonight I got another hankering for them. When I was at the grocery store to buy the shells after work tonight I decided on manicotti instead because the shells looked funner. 
For the stuffing I used the following:
  • 1 small onion, sauteed 
  • 1 bag of fresh spinach, steamed
  • pinch of nutmeg
  • 2 cups of cottage cheese (used this instead of ricotta)
  • 1/4 cup of grated Parmesan cheese

Mixed it all together and stuffed it in the cooked shells


Added a layer of jarred sauce on the bottom of a pan


added the stuffed noddles and covered with another layer of sauce and some more grated Parmesan cheese on top. Baked in the oven for 15-20 mins



Then enjoyed! The nutmeg gave the filling a little bit of a sweet taste to it, it hit the spot!



Best part leftovers for lunch tomorrow!

0 comments:

Post a Comment