Monday, January 16, 2012

Fig & Chile glazed pork tenderloin

Since I had the day off (Happy Birthday Martin Luther King!) I decided to cook a dinner that requires a little bit of time and something we don't eat often (I don't know why this is) pork tenderloin. I went to whole foods this afternoon to pick up a few things and as I was pruzing the meat counter (they have the most lovely fresh cuts of meats) it sitting there calling my name. Once home I searched for a glaze or marinated to use and came across one that used figs. Since I had fig spread in my fridge I figured what a great way to use it up! I mixed together

  • 1/2 cup fig preserves
  • 1/4 cup rice vinegar
  • 1 tablespoon chile paste with garlic
  • 1 tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce 
  • salt & pepper

Nutrition Info:
Calories: 193
Calories from fat: 18%
Fat: 3.9g
Saturated fat: 1.3g
Monounsaturated fat: 1.8g
Polyunsaturated fat: 0.4g
Protein: 24g
Carbohydrate: 14g
Fiber: 0.3g
Cholesterol: 74mg
Iron: 1.6mg
Sodium: 274mg
Calcium: 11mg
 
I seared the tenderloin on my grill pan while covering it with this oh so good sauce. Then finished it off in the oven at 350 for about 20 mins until it reached 150. For a sides I made roasted veggies sprinkled with a little evoo, salt and pepper. And roasted some potatoes leftover from last night dinner and some sweet potatoes for me.



 The sauce for the tenderloin was amazing! I would totally make this again.


0 comments:

Post a Comment