Saturday, December 3, 2011

Chopped dinner party- part 2

Saving the best for last the Dessert Round:


Granny smith apples, grand biscuits, water chestnuts and fruit loop cereal. What to do! I had an idea for the apples, biscuits and cereal but the water chestnut?!?!? So I turned to google for help, I googled water chestnuts in desserts and found a recipe for a sweet water chestnut soup.

Mu plan was mini apple pies/dumplings with foot loop simple syrup and a sweet water chestnut soup. The dumplings actually turned out pretty well, the simple syrup was simply water with ground foot loops used as the sugar. Turns out ground foot loops is grey ewwww so the syrup didn't look so appetizing but tasted ok. (and by ok I mean-like fruit loops).
The soup however was a completely failure, I burnt it! Needless to say it didn't even make it on the table. :( Sorry Timmy! (he picked the chestnuts) But overall one ingredient out of all the courses isn't to bad in my book. 









After dessert we celebrated John and I's engagement with our friends. I am so grateful to have such great friends everyone provided plenty of champagne and chocolate mousse cake to go around! 



notice that ring! oh la la!!!
from Sarah and I's wine tour I was saving this for a special occasion!


Thank you John, Cart and Timmy for food shopping and not being to hard on me. :) And for all of my friends for the love and support of John and I engagement!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment