Wednesday, December 14, 2011

burgers & salad

I'm still sick :( I hate when you have a cold and nothing sounds good. I was not hungry for anything all day except for foot loops. So I had a bowl for breakfast and lunch, when dinner rolled around all I could think of was burgers. Earlier in the week I was watching the show diners, drive-ins and dives Guy Fieri was traveling around with Kid Rock eating different burgers and barbecue. Ever since then I was craving a burger. I had gotten pre-made burgers from Whole Foods, I love there meat section it is always fresh and organic and you can really taste the difference. It is more expensive but I don't mind if I am buying it for just John and I, especially since you can buy the amount you need and it's not in set amounts.



While John cooked the burgers, I made side salads for us. Lettuce, tomatoes, carrots, cucumbers, olives and feta.


On my burger I had pepper jack cheese and guacamole, I made earlier in the day.  I mashed up an avocado with chopped red onions, tomatoes, a few drops of hot sauce, lime juice and salt.





I only ended up eating half and saving the other half for lunch tomorrow, the burger was huge! For dessert I wanted these




They looked sooo good, and I'm sick that's a good excuse right? A raspberry cheesecake for John and a fruit tart for me. We ended up going halfies, I am not a huge fan of cheesecake but this was good!!!

1 comments:

Deb said...

Burgers look yummy but now i'm craving Kid Rock!!!

Post a Comment