Sunday, November 13, 2011

Meatloaf & twice baked potatoes

Another Sunday rolls around and that means back to work tomorrow :( the weekends seem to go by so fast! The boys once again came over for football and Sunday dinner, Cart has been asking me for a while now to make meatloaf so I decided today will be the day. I of course used my favorite salsa meatloaf recipe.


  • 1 pound ground beef sirloin
  • 1/2 cup salsa
  • 1/2 cup Italian seasoned bread crumbs
  • 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
  • 1 egg, lightly beaten
  • 3 cloves garlic, minced
  • dried parsley to taste
  • salt and pepper to taste
Mix everything together and transfer to a loaf pan and bake at 350 for 45 minutes.




Now we all know I don't eat potatoes (yuck!) but I also know meatloaf and potatoes go together like peanut butter and jelly. So I made the boys potatoes while I had a side salad. To make the potatoes I  punched holes in them with a fork and microwaved them for 5 mins then placed them on a cookie sheet and baked them for 1 hour. Once done I cut in half and scooped out the insides and added:
  • 1/2 cup milk
  • 4 tablespoons butter
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon pepper
  • 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese, divided
  • green onions
Mix everything together and scoop back in to the potatoes. Cover with some shredded bacon and the rest of the green onions and back in the oven for 15 more mins. 



my plate


 Enjoy the rest of your Sunday!

0 comments:

Post a Comment