Thursday, November 24, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving!!

Thanksgiving is the day for us to reflect on the things that we are thankful for in our lives. Here are a few things I am thankful for
  • my family
  • a wonderful boyfriend & his family
  • my friends
  • having a job in such a hard economy
I am spending Thanksgiving with John and his family this year. This morning I have to get up bright and early to run a local turkey trot with John's family. It was a tough race it was 4 miles but mostly up hill and I wasn't prepared for the cold weather. I finished the race but not with out a struggle.


After the race we headed back to John's family's house for snacks and so Cart could watch the Lions game. We had tons of appetizers olives, pickles, pickled veggies, crackers and different types of dips.





Everyone watching football
We sat down to eat around 3 and I made the biggest mistake in blogging history I forgot to take a photo of Thanksgiving dinner! I mean who has a food blog and forgets to take a picture of the biggest food day of the year. But besides this, dinner was amazing we had turkey, ham, peas, corn, stuffing, mash potatoes, and quiche it was all amazingly delicious. I did however manage to get a picture of dessert!

oreo cake
cheesecake
I had a great Thanksgiving and a great time spending time with John's family.

I hope you all have a great Thanksgiving!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment