Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Day 2 of apples- inside out apple crisp

On Sunday to go with the ribs I made in-side out apple crisp, I made old regular apple crisp a few weeks ago so I didn't want to make it again. So I decided to make a slightly different version from one of my favorite baker blogs My Baking Addiction. Every recipe I had made from her blog comes out amazing!

Here is what you need:
Ingredients
4 Granny Smith apples (cored and slighty hollowed down)
Filling:
1/2 cup rolled oats
2 tablespoons butter
3 tablespoons brown sugar
1 teaspoon of pumpkin spice
caramel sauce for drizzling over baked apple

I used 4 of the 41 apples that I picked the other day and cored out the centers. 
Side Note: This is NOT an easy task if you do not have a apple corer, as I was cutting out the center all the boys had to leave the kitchen because they couldn't watch. I suggest using a paring knife and sharp pointed spoon.

Mix together the oats, pumpkin pie spice and brown sugar.

I then added the rolled oats mixture to the apples and baked for 30 mins at 350. When I took them out of the oven they felt rubbery and I declared them inedible. But Cart stepped in and said he would eat it anyway. (thanks Cart) I am glad the boys maned up and gave them a try because it actually turned out really good! Even though my apples did not look like anything close to hers:


my apples
picture from My baking addition
So to make a long story short I recommend making these, because even though they may not look pretty, they taste fantastic! They end up soft but yet still have a bit of a crunch to them so they are not all mushy. If you can dig out the center enough to make sure you get filling in every bite makes it that much better.  :)

1 comments:

Unknown said...

yum

Post a Comment