Friday, August 5, 2011

Steak tips & fishing

This weekend John and I decided go up to his lake house for the weekend since we had nothing else planned and it was suppose to be good weather. On the way up we stopped at the meat house to pick up steak tips and hamburger for dinners. The meat house is a pretty amazing store, I believe they have stores in NH and MA. They have fresh cuts of meats everything from chicken, pork, steak and prepared stuffed and marinated meats. We also stopped at the grocery store to pick up the needed supplies for the weekend. Once we arrived at the lake house we opened everything up and worked on cooking dinner which was steak tips, marinated asparagus and cut up tomatoes and cucumbers. Everything was very good the marinated on the steak tips and asparagus were really good, I am not exactly sure what flavors they were.





After dinner we were relaxed and watched to red sox game we were starting to fall asleep and it was only 9:30! We decided we have to get up and do something since it was still early for bed time, so we decided on fishing. Now there have been a couple of times that we have tried fishing while at the lake house but none with any success. It has been a longgg time since I have been fishing and had to get in a rhythm with casting the line again. John set me up with my fishing pole and I got to work trying to get the line out in the middle of the river. John had not luck getting another pole to work so I was nice and decided to let him use my pole for awhile and I wasn't catching anything.  :(  He cast out the line twice and before I knew it he had a huge bass at the end of his line!!




Ok, I chalked that one up to beginners luck, then the next cast out he caught another one!


Since John and I both have a little friendly competitive side to us I wasn't going to let him out do me! So I made him give me the pole back and with a few more cast I finally caught my first fish. I was yelling I caught one! I caught one! I pulled it up out of the water and it was the size of a peanut!



That's ok I said at least it counted as a catch I continued to throw out the line (because I had to at least get one more fish before giving John another cast) and I finally caught another one. This one was even smaller then the first what the HECK!




We both tried for about an half an hour longer with no success and decided to call it a draw. Not to put John on the spot but I did have to take the all the fish we caught off the hooks, John said he has a fear of getting pricked ;) After we decided to call quite we cleaned up and headed to clean up for bed.

0 comments:

Post a Comment