Friday, August 26, 2011

Flora

During restaurant week we try and get together with our friends and enjoy a good dinner. We were a little late this making reservations this time around so we decided on Flora a restaurant that was close to all of our apts. I have heard good things about them so I was excited to try it, when we arrived our table wasn't ready so we had to wait for a few minutes which wasn't a big deal. When we were finally seated our waitress came over to us and she was not the nicest server, maybe she was tired? The menu looked good you had 2 choices you could either choose 2 medium plates and either a appetizer or dessert. The second choice was the traditional menu a appetizer, entree and dessert. We all had a tough time deciding but we all went with the traditional option, we couldn't pass up and appetizer and dessert. :)

We decided to share a bottle of wine with the table.


For the appetizers John and I ordered the tomato salad and beet salad. John's tomato salad was really good the tomatoes were fresh from the farm, my beet salad came with fried goat cheese, red and yellow beets on a bed for greens. The red beets and the goat cheese were both good but the yellow beets really were bland.


For our entrees I ordered chicken with black bean salad and I bet you can't guess what John had.... yup steak.  ;)  Both of the entrees were good but nothing great, my chicken and beans were good separately but a sauce over them would have made it a little better.


For dessert I had the vanilla creme brulee and John had the homemade raspberry ice cream sunday, both of these were good of course, I think it is hard not to like dessert.


Even though the food was not bad I think we all agreed we would not go back, our waitress was not very friendly and the service was really bad.

0 comments:

Post a Comment