Thursday, August 25, 2011

Bistro 5

Tonight John and I had dinner reservations for restaurant week for a place called Bistro 5, it is a small place near our apt that has been recommended to us a few times and we just never made it there. When we go there the place looked big from the outside when you got inside it was actually smaller then it looked. We were seated by a corner which was nice so we weren't in the middle of things. Of course John and I had to coordinate what we were getting to ensure that we could try more of the food. For the appetizer we ordered the peach risotto and the calamari. They were both really good the peach risotto was topped with a piece of prosciutto which made that more yummy, the calamari was also really good the tomato sauce it came with was out of this world!




For our entrees John ordered of course the the steak :) and I ordered the salmon. When I ordered it the waitress asked me how I want the cooked I didn't know what she was talking about! All the way through? I don't know I have never been asked that before about fish, but I guess some people prefer there fish raw ewww. John loved his steak of course it came with asparagus and potatoes, my salmon was also good it came over a bed of melon salad which was the star of the plate really.





For desserts we ordered the sorbet assortment and the baked peach, both were really quite good. The sorbet flavors were mixed berry, lemon and watermelon and on the bottom of the sorbet they had these little crouton things that added a little crunch. John's backed peach came with homemade vanilla ice cream and a cobbler.



When we got home and pulled in the parking spot we spotted this little guy.

0 comments:

Post a Comment