Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Earthquakes & Roxy's grilled cheese

My sister wanted to go to the MFA while she was in Boston (she is the artisty one in the family) so we decided to head down around lunch and grab something there. Now for those of you who watch the food network as much as I do there is a show call the Next Food Truck Race. On the show there is a Boston food truck called Roxy grilled cheese that sells gourmet grilled cheeses naturally. :) I have to try this! I looked at their website and they said they park next to Northeastern Tues-Sat which was perfect since it's right next to the MFA! So my sister and I took the T to Northeastern only to search and search with no luck they were no where to be found. :( So we decided to just eat at Qdoba since it was right there, then we headed to the MFA.


As we walked around the MFA we were approached by one of the people who work there and were told we had to evaluate due to an earthquake. My sister and I looked at each other and laughed, a earthquake in Boston no way! But sure enough everyone was exiting the building so we followed suit, and had to wait it out for about 30 mins at which time we were allowed to reenter.




After the MFA we decided to walk to the prudential center for some pinkberry since my sister has never had it. We both had the watermelon flavor but with different toppings. I had granola, waffle cookie and raspberries, Katie had gummy bears and fresh strawberries.



Afterwards we decided to walk to park street  to get the red line to go home. As we were walking down Boylston St we were walking through Coley square and who do we see parked along the road.... the Roxy truck!!! Now even though we were full we couldn't pass up an opportunity like this so we jumped in line and ordered 2 sandwiches. One for John for dinner a short rib grilled cheese and a special regular for my sister and I to share. We had to wait a while for the order to come up because they just opened when we finally got our order they gave us the wrong sandwiches! We ended up eating them anyways and they were delirious! I am going to have to try and recreate them at home. After sharing ours Katie and I headed home so she could get backed to leave tomorrow. :(



the guy standing in the window is the guy from the show!


1 comments:

Deb said...

You are way to funny honey!!! Good job on the blog. Miss you and John. Hope to see you guys soon.. Love Deb

Post a Comment