Friday, August 19, 2011

Da Vinci

This week  and next is restaurant week in Boston which is where restaurants offer a fixed 3 course menu where you are able to choose 1 plate from each of the 3 courses. Its a great way to eat at an expensive restaurant for cheap or just try a new restaurant. John and I made reservations for a Italian place called Da Vinci.


The menu looked really good and we both had a hard time choosing we often decided on the food together and share the appetizer and desserts that way we can both try more variety. We started by sharing a bottle of wine.


For the appetizers we decided on the risotto stuffed cheese balls and the organic salad. Holy yum!! The risotto balls were amazing!!



For the main course I ordered the pasta bolognese and to my surprise John went with the chicken over the steak! That never happens! My dish was good but nothing special I had a bite of John's chicken and it was really good it was seasoned well and the asparagus it came with was delish!



For dessert we shared the mango mousse and the something that was similar to  vanilla flavored flan (I don't remember the name). Both were really good but I think John and I both agreed that mango mousse was the better of the 2.



After dinner we met Cart for a drink then headed home my sister is coming to visit for a few days and were picking her up at the train station tomorrow!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment