Thursday, July 14, 2011

Pasta with lemon and garlic

John had a really long stressful work week, and he will be leaving next week for DC. So I decided that making a nice dinner with a bottle of wine is in order. I had planned on making a pasta with garlic and lemon sauce which was suppose to be a fresh and light dish for a summer evening. I started with these ingredients (the stuff in the middle is garlic) and whole wheat pasta.



I added these ingredients along with olive oil to a frying pan while the noodles were cooking. After the noodles were cooked I added a 1/2 cup of the water from the noodles to the sauteing sauce. And then poured the sauce over the noodles with a little bit of fresh parsley.




To go along with the pasta dish I cut up some tomatoes and cucumbers.


I completed the table with wine and water glasses, I am ashamed to admit this but this is the first time John and I sat at our table to eat dinner we usually sit in the living room and eat at the coffee table. It was a nice change to actually sit and have conservation with out the interruption of the TV. We both agreed we need to do this more.


2 comments:

Leah said...

HAHA I see your toes standing on the chair! Done this many times...

Michele said...

Ha! I didn't even notice that!

Post a Comment