Friday, July 15, 2011

Foundry on elm

Friday nights are usually the nights where were we meet John's friends out for drinks and dinner. Tonight we decided to meet at Foundry in Davis square. Foundry is newish to Davis square if I would describe it as an upscale pub. They have a bigger selection of beers on tab, the specialty cocktails menu is roughly  2 pages and the food is priced between $10-40ish for a seafood.

We we first sat down I noticed they have poutines on the menu just like the ones we ordered in Montreal.


I was exhausted when I got home from work so while I was waiting for John to get home I took a nap then we headed down to meet Tim, Cart, Julian and Leon for dinner and drinks. Sitting down to dinner you are greeted with a bread basket. This bread is really good, it is not your normal butter rolls it is sliced in pie shaped slices and has a Parmesan cheese & a corn bread flavor.

dark specs on top are the Parmesan cheese


For the main meal I order a sandwich called Bahn Mai which is Asian-style BBQ pork, Vietnamese pickles, watercress, chili pepper relish. I wasn't sure exactly what I was ordering but I knew I loved Asian flavors and I love BBQ pork so how could I go wrong! When It arrived I was surprised I thought it would have more sauce similar to what barbque has. I was pleasantly surprised, it was a good sandwich and had good flavor. The bread was crispy, the filling had really good flavor and the pork was in thin slices and was cooked perfectly.  I was sitting across from Timmy at the table and he mentioned that there is a local food truck/market in Boston that has amazing Bahn Mai sandwiches and that he will have to take me to try! (Timmy I am holding you to that offer. :) )

it came with a side salad




I apologize that the pictures do not do the food justice, my camera is really good at taking wonderful pictures when it comes to people and landscapes but food and close up is a totally different story. John was so kind and did some research for me on line and unfortunately that is one of the biggest complaints about the camera I have. I guess that means for my birthday or Christmas I have to ask for a better camera. ;)

0 comments:

Post a Comment